2011년 9월 16일 금요일

two cues

Two cues

           Entertaining is one of the most important value in my life; maybe, important to all of human-kinds. We desire for joy and there are many different ways to resolve joy: game, music, dance and so on. But, I believe that game is the most common use way to solve our desire of entertainment. The game that is “as steady as a rocking horse, as subtle as a bruise,” is a “billiard.” And, billiard is a game that I like to play, and the game that I and my friend played after the test to forget about the scores. As I remind my memory about my play, I found that this game is similar with our lives. I will proof that billiard is similar to our lives for several reasons.
           First of all, a bet is one of the most important things as I and my friend play billiard. When I lose the game, I have to pay all of the money for the game I played, or I have to buy my friend a lunch or dinner. This means that winner takes all advantages. There must be winner and loser in this game. And, our society enforce us to make losers to make winners; although, there are way to cooperate together. After competition, winner is decided, and winner takes all advantages: money, power. This process, being winner, takes a large amount of time because there are many things to prepare or given talents. For example, winner have to study well to get a high score on the test, have to have leadership, have to have father’s economic support and practice. Like this, to be the winner on billiard game, it takes long time. I have to practice many times to control my ball, have to use brain to make picture after my turn, and there should be luck. Pursuing winner is a one thing that is similar between our lives and billiard, also both processes are steady.     
           Also, unpredictability is another same characteristic between billiard and life. Due to our small behaviors our future could change or mislead. I was playing billiard with my friend and I almost win the game; I scored 80 out of 100. But, I accidently hit the ball in a wrong direction, and my friend had a turn. I was sure that I would win because my friend was far away from ending score. However, my friend luckily won the game so I have to pay all the money and buy him a lunch. I did not expect that my mistake will lead this result. Life is same as billiard. We do not know the future because of our present behaviors. So, we have to be careful about our behaviors and have to work hard to make least mistakes. Not only our behaviors, but 3rd person could influence our future. In the game, if other player misbehavior could influence me. Because of my friend’s luck, I did not have chance to play and get a good score.
           To wrap up, there are some similarities between billiard and our life. Both things are unpredictable and characteristic of our society. But, I can say that life is much more joyful than just playing a billiard. There are many variables that could change our lives, and can feel the satisfaction through the interaction among people.      

댓글 1개: