2012년 2월 26일 일요일

2nd draft, ode to my love

Dear My Love (that doesnt exist)

You have big eyes, a white skin, a glamorous body, and a pretty face. This is a description of an ideal beautiful woman. Is this too ideal, or is this too explicit? Well, most of men have similar standards about beautiful women. Not only men but also you were the one who wants to be an ideal woman. You wanted to have big eyes, a white skin, a glamorous body, and a pretty face. After some processes (surgery), you changed. And I agree that you are pretty and beautiful than before; but, I dont feel affection to you anymore. Beauty is not an ultimate goal for your life, dont change your face but show your other values. I cant tell your values; but, I can tell you that you have to find your own other values. And I KNOW that there must be values that differentiate with other people. 
You are beautiful; but, you were cute, kind and appealing. You were natural and you were wonderful to me as you were. I loved the way you were. But, your outlook changed so much in a bad sense, and the change on outlook changed your inner values. You were the one who was kind, faithful and sincere. You were the one who alluring and attractive than other one else to me. But, you aren’t. You aren’t appealing to me as before. You abandoned your other inner values, but you are full of desire, envy and madness. I cant understand the reason why you changed yourself. Be confidence with yourself.  
      What are the reasons that made you change? It would be weird to say this but, an answer for this question would be me. I as a member of the Korean society, it is my fault. I helped to make lookism in our society. I preferred beautiful women than the women who have good heart; and I preferred pretty look women than the women who have natural look. Many men had these thoughts; and it helped to make lookism that gives stress to women in Korea. This stress made you change. I am really sorry that I was one factor that made you change.     
Be proud of yourself, and dont get stress by your outlook. Beauty is not everything; there are other important values for human kinds than beauty. But, it will be hard to find inner values. You should look yourself to find the inner values. And, for men, we should not estimate females with appearances. We will be mad if we were estimated with our appearances. People have to work to find other people’s inner values than outer values.
                                                      

From
                                                                         Do Hyun Lee

댓글 1개:

  1. There are a lot of grammatical things that need attention here, so make sure you pay attention to the changes I make with red pen.

    답글삭제