2012년 2월 13일 월요일

ode


Dear My Love (that doesn’t exist)

           You have big eyes, white skin, glamorous body, and pretty face. This is a description of an ideal woman who I think as a beautiful woman. Is this too ideal? Well, most of the men have similar standard about beauty. Not only men but also you were the one who wants to be ideal woman. You wanted to have big eyes, white skin, glamorous body, and pretty face. I agree that you are pretty and beautiful, but I don’t feel affection to you. Beauty is not an ultimate goal for your life, don’t change your face but show your other values. I can’t tell your values, but I can tell you that you have to find your own other values.  

           You, before the beauty, were cute, kind and appealing. You were natural and you were ideal to me as you were. I loved the way you were. But, you changed so much in a bad sense. You were the one who was kind, faithful and sincere. You were the one who alluring and attractive than other one else to me. But, I can’t understand the reason why you changed yourself.  
           What is the reason that made you change yourself? It would be weird to say this but, the answer for this question would be “me.” I as a member of the Korea society, it is my fault. I helped to make lookism in our society. I preferred beautiful women than the women who have good heart, and preferred pretty look women than the women who have natural look. This thought helped to make lookism that give stress to women in Korea. This stress made you change yourself.  I am really sorry that I made you change.           
          
           Be proud of yourself, and don’t get stress by your outlook. Beauty isn’t everything; there are other important values for human kinds than beauty.
                                                      
From
                                                                          Do Hyun Lee
                                                                          as a representative of Korea society 

댓글 3개:

  1. This post was quite interesting to read~ㅋㅋ It seems that love might be a bit of a popular topic (junseok's ode is to lvoe as well) would it not? lol :)

    답글삭제
  2. Nice topic with an original direction. I was interested to see where this was going, and I'm sure it could inspire an interesting discussion in class. How do the girls feel?

    I have corrected the grammar on this after printing it out on paper, so do come and grab it from my desk. You have some issues with "a," and I'd like you to produce a second draft.

    In terms of content, I think you can go deeper and make it a bit longer. Be more specific and detailed and also more poetic and symbolic. More metaphors and similes. What extent do women go to in order to achieve beauty? Plastic smiles and painted eyes... prosthetic eyelashes and practiced poses. We carry our souls in a Gucci bag. That kind of thing. Really dig in and illustrate how absurd the pursuit of beauty is.

    The ending is a bit weak. You can finish it with something stronger. Have fun with some sort of idiom or quote that we commonly associate with beauty, such as "it's only skin deep" etc.

    답글삭제
    답글
    1. I'm really sorry that I lost your revision paper....I know it's odd and rude but can I ask you for another revision...please.. sorry

      삭제