2012년 3월 27일 화요일

brainstorm

           When I first take this topic which is three sides story, I instantaneously thought about love triangle. I was going to write about love triangle, but this topic that I chose seemed banal. So, I thought about other situations that three people can make tension and emotional bursts. As I think, themes for this assignment were narrowed down into sports: baseball and soccer.
           Not all baseball or soccer games are full of tension, so I have to create specific situation to make a good three sides story.
           So for a baseball game, I make the game as a final round of the World Series at 9th inning with 2 outs. One runner is on the 3rd base, and a clean up man is on the batter’s box. Then, I am going to write a story on pitcher’s perspective, catcher’s perspective and hitter’s perspective.
           Or in a soccer game, I make a penalty shoot-out situation which one player failed to make a goal. So, the score is now 4 to 4, and the only one kicker is left and trying to make a shoot. Then, I will focus on goal-keeper, shooter and the player who failed to make a goal in a penalty shoot-out. 

댓글 1개:

  1. Oh, I've never actually thought about this~ Sports games are indeed intense and those that are written very well are really enjoyable to read. My favorite sports book is Friday Night Lights, which I forgot the story plot becasue I read it in like 5th grade. But if your looking for more short story books, I would sugges Matt Christopher (although his books are aimed towards elementary school audiences)

    답글삭제