2011년 10월 29일 토요일

response to kim ki duk's movie

     Civilization is a new form of society that was made in modern society. Before the civilization, there was a balance between nature and human society. In that era human society was called culture. But, due to humans' greediness, people tried to conquer nature. This is a moment when civilization found. Human's avarice is a main point of a film and my essay.
     In this film, kid restrict animals movement by connecting rocks to their body, and he enjoy it. Restricting the behavior is a symbol of human's desire of possess. People does not want things to go out from them, but just to stay with them. So, human made a right to possess things near them. For example, there was a time in my life that I like bugs and like to collect those. In the book, I saw a praying manit. A praying manit is an insect that is most powerful in insect world. Because I was young I liked the things that are strong and fancy. So, I went to plain to catch it. Finally, I found one and kept it in my house. Few days later, it died. Like this people have desire to possess things that they like, not knowing this desire interrupts harmony of nature.
     Rocks and threads are goods that made me think kid's behavior as a human's avarice to possess. When, I saw the scene of animals trapped with rocks and threads, I had an image of pay tags that can be easily seen in the market.  
 

댓글 1개:

  1. Possession really is the antithesis of Buddhism, is it not? I like your observation. Bonus marks for pointing out something that no other student did regarding this video.

    답글삭제