2012년 5월 19일 토요일

2nd photo essay


         
              It became more than one year since I entered this school, KMLA. As I attend this school, many things happened to me, sometimes awkward things happened, sometimes happy things or sometimes funny things. As I experienced these moments, I recognized “friends” are the most important and valuable things in my life. Friends made me happy and fun, and helped me when I was depressed or on hard days. Because I knew that friends are most valuable treasure in my life, there were lots of photos taken with my friends in my computer. My photo essay will be about my friends in KMLA.

               It was December 14, 2011 after the final exam of the 2nd semester in KMLA. We—Park Kee Ryun, Koo Han Gyeol, Hwang Soo Shin and me—went to the Kyeong Po. We just planned to go there without specific schedules.

           Spending time with something, we found a big snowman which was really well made. We don’t have time to make a new and big snowman, because we have to eat dinner, I and my friends just took a picture with the made snowman. I put my camera on the big and wide stick, and set time for 5 seconds. Then gather together around the snowman and took that picture with a snowman. Although I and my friends didn’t make this snowman, but I think this photo shows the feelings and the scenes that I experienced on that time.

           This photo is a symbol of friendship. To take this photo, after the final exams, I and my friends went to Kyeong Po beach and play and talk together. Although there is nothing that shows the process before taking this picture, it shows that all four people are closely related, harmonious and well-fit together.
          
           Also this photo contains “refresh.” After the hard time (the final exam), we refreshed our mind and waited for the new start. I reviewed my life in KMLA as a freshman and think about my problems. And I knew that past things can’t be revised, so I did not regret about the past things that I did wrong. I just thought to change my behaviors, and hope not to repeat same problems. As I took pictures with my friends, I reorganized my minds and promised myself to have a new life in KMLA.

           “Freedom” is one of the important values that are implied in this photo. Life in KMLA is really harsh. Students are in the environment where they should compete with each other and the students do not have lots of leisure time to feel freedom and relaxation due to lots of assignments. But when I played with my friends, it was really happy because I could feel freedom. No competitors and harsh environment, but friends and open scene.

           It was so nice to reminiscent the happiest day in KMLA life. This photo helps me to recharge when I am so tired of my life as a KMLA student. As I look at this photo, I think about that day for an hour and crave for the other peaceful and happy days.

P.S. Friends are really important in my life.  

댓글 1개:

  1. Other than the mixed verb tenses and the grammar mistakes, this is really an excellent essay. You followed the directions exactly, and I'm satisfied with the theme and explanation of the photo. Most students deviated from the prompt and didn't really discuss the photo as a photo, but you did that well. Excellent work in that regard. I also think we can all identify with those rare moments of complete freedom where you feel as if there is nothing to worry about. No tests. No papers. No work that needs to be done. As you get older these moments become fewer and further between, so savor them while you are still young.:)

    Pick up the edits on my desk. Grade pending.:)

    답글삭제